Join independent curator and educator, J. Sybylla Smith, a Paris Photo veteran, on a guided experience of the world’s largest international photo fair. Paris Photo features 150-plus galleries, 30-plus publishers, the Aperture/Paris Photo PhotoBook Awards, Prismes, the large-format section, Platforms, a speaker series, and 300-plus book-signings.
Planning is to key to enjoying the fair and will be a major focus of this tour. The guided tour consists of 10 scheduled hours before and during the fair:
- Two one-hour pre-planning sessions (7 pm, September 25 and October 9, 2018) with related materials will be held locally (at Digital Silver Imaging, 9 Brighton Street in Belmont, MA) and be accessible remotely through prior arrangement. The initial session will present an overview with a detailed breakdown of the offerings and present a structured outline to utilize for each participant to customize the fair to individual needs and interests.
- Group pre-planning session in Paris prior to attending the private preview, the Vernissage, on Wednesday November 7th from noon – 4pm.
- Complimentary tickets to the Vernissage.
- Thursday November 8th – 2 hour session inside Paris Photo including a meeting with two gallery directors.
- Friday November 9th – 2 hour session inside Paris Photo including a meeting with two gallery directors.